Ark Grabber Oral Motor Chew
$18.95 Inc. GST
Invented by Debra C. Lowsky, MS, CCC-SLP, ARK’s Grabber® is the original and still most popular oral motor chew tool. The innovative P shape design features an easy-to-hold loop, with a long extension for reaching the back molars. Use it:
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
- As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
- As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
- To help decrease oral defensiveness and food aversions
- To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
- To work on jaw strength and stability and oral motor skills
- To build oral strength, mobility, and control
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube
ARK Grabber® comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Standard (red or magenta) – These are the softest ones with the most “squishiness” and “give” to them. Recommended for mild chewers and/or beginners practicing biting/chewing skills
- Medium Firm / XT (lime green or teal) – XT stands for “Xtra Tough,” recommended for moderate chewing. These are firmer, but still chewy.
- Very Firm / XXT (royal blue or forest green) – XXT stands for “Xtra Xtra Tough,” recommended for more avid chewing. These are the most firm and provide the most resistance to the jaw. No chew tool is indestructible, but these are very tough.
ARK manufactures the Grabber® in the USA! It’s medical grade, FDA compliant, and contains NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex. Measures approximately 5 inches lengthwise, just under 2 across the loop, and half an inch thick.
Caution: This product is not a toy. Recommended for children 3 years and up. Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times, regularly inspect the chew, and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear.